I have been moping about lately about my job situation, which still hasn’t really been resolved but they are finding busy work to keep me occupied. It has occurred to me – why am I letting this define me??? This job is not who I am. Granted, monetarily I need to work but there is no reason for disappointments here to consume my life.

Worrying about the situation isn’t changing a thing, with the exception of the way my pants fit. I wish I was one of those gals who lost weight when they worried. I have always been a burry it with food emotional eater. Plus, those darn Whopper Robins Eggs that are only available at Easter!

So if my work situation is not in my control, what is? My attitude and reaction to things. I can control my choices not to each junk. Plus my husband has inspired me to get in shape for vacation in 59 days. No, it was not a comment he made – he is smarter than that. He wants to have a family portrait made at the beach. I want to wear a white sundress in the picture, so I need to shed the winter and emotional eating weight.

Also, I can control my attitude about life. I still have a job. I have a wonderful family. I have a nice home. I am so blessed. And I need to thank God for this. That is another area I need to improve – my relationship with God. I must admit over the past year there have been many things I have prayed for that didn’t get answered. That is hard to accept. But I know He is still there for me even thought I have put up a wall between us. I saw Beth Moore’s book, Get Out of That Pit, at Wal-Mart yesterday but I didn’t buy it. Has anyone read this book? Any other recommendations?

I am giving myself a kick in the butt and will quit throwing myself a pity party. Eat right, Smile and Thank God!

1 Comment

  1. Anonymous on March 23, 2010 at 7:57 PM

    Trusting God is huge. I pray daily about situations, relationships in my life and I keep asking myself this; (which helps me keep my perspective) "Where is the lesson in this? What is the Lord trying to teach me?"
    If you want a great book to distract you and is well written, funny and my favorite book, read "Never The Bride" by Cheryl McKay & Rene Gutteridge available through your library. It's about a young woman with questions and then God himself in the flesh appears!
    Hope you'll check it out and keep at it with the weight loss thing (most mothers are in the same situation, me included!)

    Suzanne's Blog-Mommy Moves Again

     


Post a Comment